+ See all stations
Camping Club La Côte d'Argent
HOURTIN PLAGE (33990)
- Heated aquatic area of 9000 m² in a covered dome
- Wooded site 300m from the ocean
- New mobile homes
- Activities and children clubs in July and August
- Shops on site
In Hourtin Plage, the 5* La Côte d'Argent Camping Club, with a heated aquatic area, is a beautiful 20 hectare site nestled among the hills in the heart of a majestic pine forest, only 300m from a vast beach and sand dunes
LA COTE D'ARGENT CAMPING CLUB
During your stay, from 01/06/24, enjoy the 9000m² aquatic complex : under the impressive removable covered dome, you will have a 20m swimming lane, a paddling pool with children's games and slides, a second paddling pool, an XXL whirlpool with waterfall, a relaxation lagoon. Outside, a children's lagoon with games and slide, a counter-current river with lagoon and submerges beach, 2 large pools, 2 whirlpool baths, ten slides and the Aqua'Pirates with countless water jets !
In addition to the aquatic complex, you will find on site : fitness room (from 18 years old), table tennis tables, beach volleyball court, games room, huge children's and teen's play area, 7 petanque courts, a multi-sports ground. You will also find bar, restaurants with takeaway meals, supermarket, wine cellar.
With extra charge : tennis court, bike rental (adults only), massages in the beauty salon.
From 01/07 to 31/08 :
Mini-club : Mumphrey the mascot awaits children aged 6 to 11 to stimulate their artistic talents : makeup workshops, drawning, painting, outdoor games...
Teen club : 12-17 years old will meet to each other and have fun.
Sports activities : parents and teens will meet around the activities leaders : fitness, beach volleyball, petanque, tennis, archery, various tournaments...
Evenings : the bar/restaurant offers concerts, karaoke, shows, dancing evenings, game evenings... until 12:30 a.m.
At the exit of the campsite, you will find a network of more than 100km of cycle paths as well as marked patchs for hiking.
OUR ACCOMMODATIONS FOR YOUR HOLIDAYS
New mobile-homes for 2024 ! Our accommodations are fully equipped with a fitted kitchen, and plenty of dishes, blankets and pillows.
You must never exceed the maximum number of people authorised in the apartment. For safety reasons, we would be required to deny you access (even if it is a baby).
Living room with sofa bed
Your holidays in Hourtin, a family resort on the Côte d’Argent.
Between the Gironde estuary, the Atlantic coastline and the Landes forest, in the heart of one of the largest nature reserves in France, Hourtin has a lot to offer, starting with an exceptional natural environment that will make you enjoy a holiday in the open air. You can enjoy its generous nature: the large sandy beach of Hourtin, several kilometres long, the clear water of its large lake and its supervised beaches, its forest with its rich biodiversity and its dunes. The region is also one of the few places where it is possible to observe and surf on mascarets, spectacular natural phenomena (long breaking waves).
But that's not all! In addition to its remarkable setting, the seaside resort has been awarded the "Family Plus" label and offers infrastructures and activities dedicated to the youngest, guaranteeing an excellent stay for families. In particular, you and your children can take advantage of the children's island, an entirely pedestrian island which has everything necessary for the happiness of young adventurers: life-size wooden castle, playground, inflatable play structures, Splash Park etc.
Many activities await you and will delight all holidaymaker profiles, especially as the commune regularly organises festive and sporting events. Lovers of wide open spaces, sports and outdoor activities enthusiasts and lovers of good wines will be delighted with their stay, during which they will be able to take advantage of the charming assets of the seaside resort, which are the beaches, the lake, the vineyards and famous châteaux of the Médoc and its proximity to the surrounding towns; Bordeaux, Royan, Soulac-sur-Mer...
On foot, by bike or on horseback, on the footpaths, the cycle tracks or along the beach, it's up to you to choose your way to spend an unforgettable holiday in Hourtin!
Activities in Hourtin :
- The lake of Hourtin and Carcans :At the second largest freshwater lake in France, choose your activities to spend a good day with family or friends! You will enjoy swimming at the supervised beach of Piqueyrot where the water is warmer than the ocean, but also practice many water activities (stand up paddle, kitesurfing, sailing, pedal boat, canoe ...), enjoy fishing or boat trips to discover the wild coast of the lake.
- The nature Reserve of the dunes and Marshes of Hourtin :Take a walk in a 2150 hectare territory sheltering a magnificent nature as well as a diversified fauna and flora. The reserve gathers the landscapes of the sandy coast of Aquitaine with beaches, dunes, marshes, lake, pine and holm oak forests... You will also find the Contaut lagoon, one of the most beautiful places to discover, on a footbridge over the marshes allowing you to observe surprising species...
- Heritage of buildings :Discover the lighthouses of the Médoc Atlantique including the unmissable Cordouan lighthouse less than 50 km away and the lighthouses of Hourtin, the famous Médoc vineyards and châteaux with wine tasting (including that of Peyrabon 20 km away) and the museums, in Hourtin with the Museum "Regards sur le passé" but also in Soulac-sur-Mer with the Contemporary Art and Remembrance museums. Many cultural and guided visits are possible!
- Water sports : Hourtin is a surfer's paradise with excellent surf spots and a sometimes quiet, sometimes wild ocean. Lessons and rentals are available so give it a try! However there are many other possibilities, at Hourtin-Plage or on the lake: water skiing, flyway, sailing, kitesurfing, stand up paddle, pedal boat, canoeing, fishing, swimming...
- Surrounding towns : Don't miss visiting Bordeaux (1h15 away), the pearl of Aquitaine and classified as a Unesco World Heritage site, but also Lacanau (35 km), Carcans (18 km), Soulac-sur-Mer (45 km)...
- And many more : Day trip and picnic on the children's island, Splash Park, horse riding, cycle touring (a network of superb cycle tracks of around 100 km)...
Events to remember in Hourtin :
- Market in Hourtin-Ville, all year round on Thursday mornings, and on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in July and August:Stroll through the market and find local produce, fruit and vegetables, delicatessen, cheese, handicrafts, jewellery, clothes...
- Night market in Hourtin-Plage, on Monday evenings:On the beach, enjoy a friendly night market and taste the products on site at sunset!
- Bambino Party, in june:Great festival of the region for children from 3 months to 12 years old, at the Ile aux enfants in Hourtin! Free for parents, only 1€ (per day and per child) to benefit from all the attractions in unlimited... More than 40 animations and attractions of which the tyrolienne, the Spider Jump, climbing wall, water games, kart, inflatable structures etc.
- Show Bike Aquitaine, in june :One of the most important motorcycle gatherings in the South-West at Vendays-Montalivet (20 km), you can admire the traditional parade of motorcycles and hear their engines roar!
- Soulac 1900, the first weekend of June:A not-to-be-missed event in Soulac-sur-Mer where the seaside resort returns to the good old days: costumes, old-fashioned market, street entertainment and performances of all kinds...
- The lake festival in Carcans, the last sunday of July:Animations and different musical atmospheres in the streets all day long, dance floor in the evening and magnificent fireworks.
- The sea festival, around the 15th august:Typical events of the coastal resorts of the Côte d'Argent, these celebrations are a moment of recollection in homage to those lost at sea. Mass in the open air in front of the ocean, wreath laying and flowers with music groups, numerous events and dancing.
- Caraïbos Lacanau Pro, in august:Surfing festival and highlight of the resort of Lacanau, this event is a popular stage of the Championship Tour. During 1 week, admire professional surfers, take part in incredible activities accessible to all, concerts... The show lasts all day, even in the evening!
And many others to discover... For more information, go to our Good tips tab or to the Hourtin Tourist Office.
Leisure and shops in Hourtin :
Finally, you will find all the shops you need for your comfort on site as well as a variety of restaurants!
OUR INCLUDED SERVICES
- Water and electricity charges
- Access to the 9000 m² heated aquatic complex and outdoor aquatic area. You must wear the bracelet.
- Access to the multi-sports court, fitness room, game room, ping pong tables, beach volleyball court, and pétanque strip
- Entertainment and children's club in July and August.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES CHARGED SEPARATELY
- Cancellation insurance for all justified causes: Cancellation insurance can be taken out when booking. This cancellation guarantee is valid in particular for medical reasons, accident, death including illness due to an epidemic or pandemic (declared illness, contact case, failure to obtain PCR test results before departure - traveler or member of his immediate family). The price of this insurance varies according to the total amount of your stay. If you add a service after validation of the file, the amount of insurance may change (excluding administrative fees and insurance - price per accommodation): from €24. For stays from 29/10/22, from 25€.
For more information: https://www.goelia.com/guide/cancellation/
- Multi-risk insurance: This insurance covers our cancellation guarantee as well as snow cancellation (breakage or theft of personal ski equipment, loss or theft of ski pass, interruption of stay, interruption of snow activity), assistance and repatriation. The price of this insurance varies according to the total amount of your stay. If you add a service after validation of the file, the amount of insurance may change(excluding booking fees - price per accommodation): from €40. For stays from 29/10/22, from 45€.
For more information : https://www.goelia.com/guide/comprehensive/
These insurances must be reserved at the time of booking and cannot be ordered subsequently.
- Bed linen : €16/change/week.
- End of stay cleaning : If the accommodation is not left clean : a minimum amount of €150 will be deducted from the deposit.
- Baby's cot and chair €23/item/week. To be paid on site. Pre-booking required.
- It is possible to rent a safe, tennis court, tennis rackets, bike for the day or the week, washing machine and dryer tokens.
INFORMATION FOR YOUR STAY:
- Departure and arrival times:
Arrivals: From 16.00 to 20.00
Departures: Between 8 am and 10 am
You need to notify the residence in case of delay or arrival days other than Saturday.
- Deposit: €300/unit (to be paid on site, in 2 cheques of €150). This deposit will be returned to you on the day of departure after a walk-through inventory or by mail within 8 days in case of departure outside business hours. A deposit of €20 will also be requested for the magnetic entry card for the front gate.
- Tourist tax: €0.61/person / day (for the benefit of the municipality) to be paid by those 18 years of age and older. The tax can be reviewed at any time by the municipality. As this is a local tax, Goélia is not responsible for any changes.
- A security bracelet (plastic anti-allergic and inviolable) will be given to all guests. Guests are required to wear it (plastic bracelet, anti-allergic, inviolable and biodegradable). The bracelet will be put on when you arrive and must be worn at all times on the wrist or ankle. You will be refused access to the campsite if you refuse to wear the bracelet.
- For information: Tents are prohibited on the rented sites. Pets are not allowed.
"Unaccompanied minors are not accepted"
Access to the residence
By train: Bordeaux Train station (Paris TGV direct) then Lesparre Médoc station at 20 km.
By air: Bordeaux Merignac Airport (around 60 km).
By car: From Paris, A10 motorway direction Bordeaux, then take the ring road and exit 7 or 8 direction Verdon. Follow direction Lacanau, Carcans and Hourtin Ville (about 24 km from Lacanau). In Hourtin, direction Hourtin Beach. The campsite is 300 meters from the beach.
Coming from the A10 and taking the Royan ferry, take the Saintes exit and follow the Nationale direction Royan. The ferry is very well signposted. When exiting the ferry, take direction Soulac, Montalivet, Vendays then Hourtin.
- The lake of Hourtin and Carcans Maubuisson
- The lagoon of Contaut, ponds and swamps located behind the dune of Hourtin, which are home to many plant and animal species (giant ferns, deer, grey herons, migratory birds).
Free visits possible from June to September.
- The nature reserve of the pond of Cousseau, between Carcans and Lacanau.
- Soulac and its late 19th century villas.
- The Cordouan headlight, at the tip of the Verdon.
- The Médoc wine route and the Bordeaux vineyards.
- The GR 18 and the cycle tracks will take you southwards to Carcans Plage, Lacanau, Cap Ferret, or northwards to Montalivet and Soulac sur Mer. You will find dozens and dozens of kilometres of cycle tracks in the shade of pine forests and wild ocean beaches. Bicycles are essential!
For the young and the little ones:
- A surfing and festive atmosphere of the coastal resorts: Hourtin, Carcans Plage, Lacanau.
- Numerous activities await the little ones (Hourtin Port).
If you feel like it, try some walks a little further away:
- Visit Bordeaux, the Place de la Bourse, the Allées de Tourny, the Basilica of St Michel, the museums, the quays of the Chartrons... (Allow 1h30 for traffic in Bordeaux).
- Arcachon, 1h30 from Hourtin (125 km), the listed villas of the winter town, the Moorish park and the permanent animation of the resort centre, its oysters, the Arcachon basin, the Arguin bank and the bird island at La Teste de Buch, the ornithological park of Le Teich and its thousands of migratory birds, the zoo of the Arcachon basin in Gujan Mestras, the church of Le Moulleau (statue of the pregnant Virgin, a very rare representation).
- To the north of the Bassin d'Arcachon, the Cap Ferret, and its famous 19th century villas and "cabanes tchanquées" of the oyster farmers (2 hours drive from Hourtin).
- To the south of the Arcachon Basin, towards the Landes, the Dune du Pilat (also known as the "Dune du Pyla"), the highest in Europe (not to be missed, but allow for a 2 hour drive from Hourtin).
Your holiday rental at Hourtin Plage in a mobile home in the Côte d'Argent campsite club, with club-type entertainment, indoor swimming pool, aquatic area of about 5000 m² fully heated: see the holiday promotions on the Goélia website.
Prices and availability
Our local partners are committed to your holidays
All our commitments to have a good holiday
Pay securely at Goélia