1100m - 2431m
45km of slopes in St Colomban, 310km with Les Sybelles.
63 snow canons to ensure the St Colomban-Les Sybelles connection.
Saint Colomban des Villards
is the resort of Les Sybelles (4th largest French ski area
with 310km of slopes - La Toussuire, Le Corbier, Saint Jean d'Arves, Saint Sorlin d'Arves - ), the easiest to access from Lyon and Chambéry.
Saint Colomban, which is still an unspoilt village, on the Col du Glandon route, is just 15 minutes from the motorway exit and the TGV train station of La Chambre.
The 45km of the St Colomban slopes are completed by the 270km from the other resorts of Les Sybelles.
In the resort, you can do alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, cross-country skiing and on hikes in snowshoes in the Belledonne massif, sledging, with a welcoming altitude restaurant also accessible to pedestrians (return journey in ski lift).
Beginners can toughen up in the small area of St Colomban with its 19 slopes (3 green, 9 blue, 5 red, 2 black), before embarking upon the whole of Les Sybelles area.Winter 2017 latest development
: a cross-country ski area - "Les Villards Belledonne Sud".
The cross-country ski area includes:
- An educational area on snow, equipment and respecting nature.
- Very accessible routes for an initiation into the wider area around the ski area in order to get used to the equipment and be sure you can go back down via the ski slopes. This also allows a family to come and ski, each with their own activity, or continue with the day alpine skiing with a package at a reasonable price. These routes have hike guides and the trail is almost permanent, made by those practising.
- Equipment can be hired for your first outing (skis, safety kit, clothes).2 signposted routes are on offer in Saint colomban
- Rogemont (direct access): 1.5km route
- Mont Cuinat (Ormet and Charmettes ski lift - specific hiking deal for €12 without a guide and €6 with a guide): 5.8km route.