+ See all stations
St Jean de Monts
Located on the Côte de Lumière in the Vendée, discover the seaside resort of Saint-Jean-de-Monts, one of the most famous on the Atlantic coast. It is highly appreciated by tourists for its friendliness, its vast natural spaces including its long sandy beach of 8 km, its large state forest, the Forêt des Pays de Monts and the Marais Breton Vendéen, but also for its many sports, outdoor and water sports activities. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to discover the island of Yeu during a boat trip, or the island of Noirmoutier.
Your holidays in Saint-Jean-de-Monts, a dynamic seaside resort with an exceptional natural setting.Between the island of Noirmoutier and St-Hilaire-de-Riez, on the Côte de Lumière in the north of the Vendée coastline, discover Saint-Jean-de-Monts, a leading destination on the Atlantic coast.
The seaside resort has many advantages that make it an ideal destination for families.
You will enjoy the sunshine as the resort has a total of 2300 hours of sunshine per year.
During your holiday in Saint-Jean-de-Monts, there is more than just the beach to spoil you! The resort offers no less than 26 km of cycle tracks and 30 km of hiking trails in which you will discover the state-owned forest of the Pays de Monts, the dunes, the Marais Vendéen...
Activities in Saint-Jean-de-Monts :During your holidays by the sea in St-Jean-de-Monts, you will have access to a ton of activities for the whole family! First of all, don't miss a visit to the markets of the resort (covered market in the town centre, the big market on the Place Jean Yole, the covered market on the beach, the "Marché des demoiselles" and the night market of Saint-Jean-de-Monts) to stroll around and taste the local specialities. Then, here is a non-exhaustive list of activities that we recommend on the spot :
- Beaches and water activities in Saint-Jean-de-MontsTake advantage of the 8 km of fine sandy beaches of St-Jean-de-Monts with the Blue Flag label to swim, relax, go shellfishing at low tide or practice water sports: surfing, kite-surfing, sailing, sand yachting, stand up paddle, sea kayaking...
- Walks and hikes in the Saint-Jean-de-Monts countryIn Saint-Jean-de-Monts alone, there are 26 km of cycle paths and 30 km of footpaths for walking, cycling and horse riding... But that's without counting the rest of the Saint-Jean-de-Monts area! You will find 120 km of footpaths, fun walks, 173 km of cycle tracks (half of which are 100% dedicated to bikes), 20 2 km of trail routes, orienteering routes... In addition, you will have the opportunity to discover the natural areas of the region: the national forest, the Marais Breton Vendéen and the dune path.
- Excursion to Yeu IslandThe island of Yeu, called the Jewel of the Atlantic, is the second most remote island of the French coast after Corsica, and its visit is a must! A boat trip will take you to this beautiful island to discover the wild coastline, the port of La Meule, its small creeks, and many other treasures...
- Visit the island of NoirmoutierNicknamed the island of mimosas, the island of Noirmoutier is worth a visit! This authentic island offers superb landscapes with its salt marshes, its 40 km of beaches, its ports, its atypical architecture... Many activities are to be done on the spot: Aquarium Sealand, water park Océanile with covered swimming pool, slides etc, visit of the Bois de la Chaise...
- The Salt Route in the Marais Breton VendéenBy canoe or by bike, discover the Salt Route through a magical walk around the island of Sallertaine in the Vendée Breton Marsh. You will discover historical sites (Moulin de Rairé, Bourrine à Rosalie, Abbaye de l'Ile Chauvet...) as well as beautiful landscapes.
- The Puy du Fou1h30 from the resort, don't miss the unique experience of the Grand Parc du Puy du Fou, voted several times best park in the world. Numerous magical shows (some of them at night) performed by thousands of costumed actors/stuntmen await you.
- Other activites in and around Saint-Jean-de-Monts :
Must-see events in Saint-Jean-de-Monts :
Festival Kid’s Folie, in april-june
Vendée Gliss Event, in may
Randonnée pédestre La Dunaire, en mai
Les Feux de la Saint-Jean, in june
Festival Planète Beach, in july and august
Leisure and shops in Saint-Jean-de-Monts :During your holidays in the Vendée in Saint-Jean-de-Monts, you will find all the shops and services necessary for your stay: food and non-food markets, shopping centres and supermarkets, food shops, etc.
Numerous leisure areas will also welcome you with pleasure, often on the seafront with a view of the pine forest: leisure parks, water parks, children's playgrounds, beach clubs, golf, casino, water sports activities, thalasso-spa...
Of course, you will find many restaurants to enjoy the specialities of the region.
Our local partners are committed to your holidays
All our commitments to have a good holiday
Pay securely at Goélia