Your ski vacation in Peisey-Vallandry, a traditional village resort in the heart of the Alps. In Savoy in the Alps, discover the family village-resort and its traditions: Peisey-Vallandry, at the foot of the Domaine des Arcs, two twins stations, close to all shops, the ESF and at 50m from the Vanoise Express gondola lift. Composed of traditional buildings, a set of small residences and chalets, integrating well with the landscapes, the resort will delight families and groups of friends looking for a peaceful and relaxing ski holiday, while also delight the experienced ski enthusiasts who will be able to fully enjoy the pleasures of the skiing while enjoying the great estate connected to Paradiski.
The location of the resort is idyllic: the climate is very sunny and the resort is sheltered from the prevailing winds, being located on the western slope of the Arcs Mountains. You can fully enjoy the 360° panoramas of the Mont Blanc, Vanoise, Tarentaise and Beaufortain mountains. Moreover, the Peisey-Vallandry area is naturally snow-covered, but artificial snow-covered improve the quality of the slopes.
In terms of accessibility, the Peisey-Vallandry ski resort is located in the heart of the Tarentaise Valley and at the gates of the Vanoise National Park: 665 km from Paris, 200 km from Lyon, 110 km from Chambéry and 135 km from Grenoble. You can come by car to Bourg St Maurice, by plane (via Geneva, Lyon, Chambéry or Grenoble airports), or by train (4 miles) via Landry station. Then, shuttles or taxis will take you to the station.
The 2nd largest ski area in the world: Paradiski
Peisey-Vallandry Ski Area First of all, the Peisey-Vallandry resort offers a quality and varied ski area in a forest setting, including playful slopes. Here is what the Peisey-Vallandry ski area offers: 87 km of tracks (29 tracks for all levels: 2 black tracks, 12 red tracks, 14 blue tracks, 1 green track) but also 1 competition track, 1 playground for children, called the Milka mauve track (animations, free snacks, photos with the mascot), 1 protected sledge area, snow gardens for beginners, etc.
That's not all! The resort is connected to the Arcs and their ski area is shared, which offers you 200 km of slopes (more than a third above 2200 m): 126 tracks including 17 black, 43 red, 63 blue and 3 green. You will also find 9 playgrounds (snowparks, boardercross, tobogganing slopes, etc.) including the penguin area for toddlers (igloo, mascot...) and marked trails on ice.
Finally, Peisey-Vallandry also has an excellent Nordic site in the heart of a rich and preserved nature. For cross-country skiing and winter hiking, there are 43 km of cross-country skiing trails as well as a fun park and biathlon stadium, suitable for all levels!
You can also practice numerous activities such as walking, snowshoeing, dog sledding, horseback riding, ice waterfalls...
Paradiski: Even if the Peisey-Vallandry / Les Arcs ski area is sufficient for most holidaymakers, skiing enthusiasts will be able to go even further. The Vanoise Express cable car links Les Arcs-Peisey-Vallandry with the La Plagne ski area. This meeting creates the second largest ski area in the world with 20 destinations, 2 equipped glaciers, 2 summits at an altitude of over 3000m, 1038 hectares of marked slopes, 17 playgrounds and 260 slopes (425 km of slopes) for all levels.
You will have the opportunity to discover even more facets and landscapes of this magnificent region, through increasingly diversified slopes.
Of course, the large Paradiski ski area offers a multitude of non-ski activities for the whole family: skiers and non-skiers will be won over, as well as all types of holidaymakers, from the most zen to the most sporty!
Winter activities in Peisey-Vallandry:
- The Ice Waterfalls: Climb the natural ice cascades of the northern site of Peisey-Vallandry, from 10 m to 200 m high! Quality ice guaranteed between November and February.
- Paragliding Baptism With a professional paraglider, discover unique panoramas and sensations above the surrounding summits! Several types of flights are possible, it is up to you to decide how far you will go.
- A ride in a reindeer sledge Let yourself be wandered by the Lapland reindeer by the sledge to discover the alpine forests and wild animals of the Vanoise Park. Surprised in the middle of the walk: stop in an alpine chalet for a snack and a wildlife observation!
- Visit of churches and chapels Many heritage features are found in Peisey-Vallandry, with chapels and churches among them. You will have the opportunity to discover in particular the Chapel Saint Marie-Madeleine in Nancroix, the Church Saint-Michel de Landry, the Church of the Saint Trinité in Peisey, and many others.
- Walks or snowshoes Relax in nature along the marked hiking trails. The Tourist Office has many itineraries to offer you according to your needs, on foot or in snowshoes. You will have the opportunity to have an accompanying person/guide.
And many more to discover... See our Tab Good Plans, the websites of La Plagne / Les Arcs or the Tourist Offices for more information on the many activities...
Events to remember in Peisey-Vallandry:
- The Great Odyssey Savoy Mont-Blanc, January Annual event of the dog of the sledge in Europe. It is a 12-day competition, a demanding race in a beautiful Alpine setting. There is also a great entertainment program, including: ice sculpture, introduction to northern practices, preparation of mushers champions, and many others.
More events are to be discovered... See our maps, the websites of Peisey-Vallandry, the Arcs and La Plagne or the Tourist Offices for more information on events and events.
Leisure and shopping in Peisey-Vallandry: You will find all the leisure activities (beauty and well-being, artists’ workshops...) and shops (local shops, bars, restaurants and mountain restaurants) that you will need for your stay.
In addition, you can taste regional products in one of the many restaurants of the resort and surrounding areas.